Saturday, February 11, 2012

Disney Pixar


Disney Pixar movies have to be the best movies ever. I love all of them. Period. They are great. I went through a period where I would go through learning everything I could about every Disney Pixar movie. I think, although I love the ones I grew up with, Up is my favorite. I love the plot line of the young Ellie and Carl and watching them grow together. I want to go to Paradise Falls badly now and I want an entire Up inspired bedroom. And the colors and balloons are so inviting and fun! (I love that word. Fun.) It is so sweet at the end when Carl gives Russell his grape soda pins. That sweet moment really shows how Carl has changed and accepted love back into his heart.

But all the other Disney Pixar's are great too. I grew up along with Toy Story and Toy Story 2. I had my own Jessie doll, named a dog after Jessie, and dressed up as her on multiple Halloween's. My cousin and I played Toy Story all the time. 

I was never the biggest fan of Bug's Life because the grasshopper, Hopper. He was too mean.
Monster's Inc. was okay. I loved Boo and how precious and innocent she was, but the movie overall seemed to be lacking compared to other Disney Pixars.
Finding Nemo was another one of my favorites. I loved the idea of a fish getting lost in the ocean. (Who comes up with these ideas?) In the end, the connection Nemo makes with the other fish in the tank is so sweet. But when Nemo is reunited with his dad, Marlin? Tears in my eyes. It was great. The "fish are friends, not food" was such an ironic theme and Dory was just a hilarious character with her short term memory loss. The love between Nemo and his dad was so easy to relate to a rebellious teenager that I couldn't help but feel sympathetic.

The Incredible's was a great one as well and such a fun twist on the superhero theme. Mr. Incredible seemed like the typical father who couldn't help but reminisce the glory days of college. And Elastigirl? Typical mom trying to run the household and proving that even with superpowers, she can't run a perfect home. The relationship between Dash and Violet reminded me of my little brother and me, so fun. Frozone was a fun guy to watch ("Honey, where is my supa suit?! Where. Is. My. Supa. Suit?!?)  And when Jack Jack finds his powers at the end it's just so happy, because now there is one united super family. 

Wall E is one that I am not a huge fan of but it still has its own message. Don't get fat. Or leave Earth. but I'm just kidding. It's cool that we now have a robotic protagonist contrary to the idea that computers will take over the world. Eve and Wall E seem Romeo and Juliet- esque with the idea that they are from 2 different worlds. A cute couple but they cannot beat Sally and Lightning.  


Cars. Again, who comes up with these ideas? Talking cars? Ok. When Lightning finds himself in Radiator Springs, he's in for a surprise. He learns to cope with others and look into himself and his past. Doc teaches him a new way of seeing the world and Sally proves him wrong about his life. Once again, we have that hilarious Dory/Frozone character, Mater. The redneck stereotype of a tow truck. And the pun in his name, Tow Mater. Funny guy.


Ratatouille is also a sad one in some ways. Again, a rat who cooks? Pixar sure knows how to think out of the box. The setting of France is a wonderful idea with all the culture they can add in. There is a little bit of romance in there, and family history and following your own dreams even if they are hard to reach. Remy doesn't fit into the stereotype so he makes his own path. A great inspirational movie with the added bonus of cooking. Yum!


But Disney Pixar? My favorites. I could go on and on. I will leave you here to go finish those Pixar's you never finished. Two thumbs up for Pixar!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment