Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chapstick or Lip Balm?

I love chapstick. Literally. It might just be my obsession. Well, one of many. But, this weekend I went on a trip and I had 6 tubes of chapstick on me. Just on the bus. That is not including the tubes in my toiletries (about 4 more). The bus trip was only about 5 hours, so why did I think that I needed 6 tubes of chapstick? I do not know. I guess certain brands and scents are meant for certain times. 
I used to use Vaseline regularly but I don't like the greasy feeling of it on my lips anymore. I have also enjoyed using the regular Chapstick brand and I like it too but I've just kind of stopped using it. Now I swear by Burt's Bee's . I love all the scents/flavors/types. I have tried every kind. Some people I know love the Outdoor Res-Q protection kind but I don't like the fact that it has a gritty texture rather than the typical Burt's Bees smooth glide. I also love the Acai Berry but I sometimes get funny looks because of the scent. The honey smells nice but otherwise it seems to be just like the classic. The classic mint scented one is great especially if you love mint like me! It's a different scent but the product is good. My all time favorite has to be the Mango butter. The scent is amazing and it glides on so smoothly!
I use the tinted Burt's Bee's too but it sadly doesn't have the same nice scents the others come in, it only comes in unscented (?). But the tint is good but not too much that it's as dark as lipstick. I have also used the new Maybelline Baby Lip's but it just seems a little cheap and more about the packaging than the product. Those who swear by Lip Smacker's... I do not know why. If you love the taste of Strawberry sugar maybe... But I like Baby Lip's enough but nothing can compete with the Burt's Bee's mango butter. 
Have any of y'all tried the EOS sphere lip balm? I have heard some good things about it, but I haven't tried it yet. What do y'all think about it?
 
I'm not sure how my love for chapstick started, but I love it. Even if I'm wearing lipstick or gloss, I always have a good chapstick to put on as a bottom coat and a top coat.
Any suggestions for a good lip scrub? I need a good one.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment